If you’re planning on taking a quick trip to Hong Kong, I personally think that one of the best hotels that you can stay at would have to be Novotel Citygate, located at Tung Chung.
The room we got was their Superior room with two twin beds.
Their beds are really comfy and soft. There are extra pillows located in the closet as well if you need them.
Their bathroom. The shower/bath area. There’s a sliding door located outside that you can pull over when you need privacy – that is, when you have to use the toilet or are bathing, haha.
Their bathroom’s quite big on space as well. 😀
This is the view from our room. You can see the various condominiums in the area as well as a peek of the mall down below.
The other option for views would be the view of the basketball court, playground area, as well as a more ~scenic~ view of the natural landscape of the area – like mountains and such.
Anyway, since we got to the hotel early, we didn’t really have much of the choice when it came to views, as we just wanted to go up the room already and this room was already available, haha.
Starbucks! Located just a floor below Novotel Citygate’s lobby. There are also various other food establishments around the area, but we didn’t get to try most of them. We did however, got to eat at Pizza Express. 😀
Fresh salmon from Wellcome!! I absolutely love salmon from Wellcome. Not only is it fresher compared to the ones that can be found in the Philippines, but they are also really affordable as well! You can find a really filling meal at Wellcome too as they have packed rice meals already .
To end this post, here’s a list of the various pros and cons of staying at Novotel Citygate Tung Chung when you’re in Hong Kong. 😀
- It’s very near to the airport, give or take, around 10 minutes. Also, what I really like about it is that they offer free shuttle bus to and from the airport.
- Rooms are spacious and already pretty big!
- If you like shopping, Novotel Citygate Tung Chung is connected to the Citygate Outlet. You can find various brands there like Levi’s, Swarovski, Kate Spade and other known fashion establishments. When it comes to food, you need not worry as there are also a lot of restaurants located at the mall, as well as a Wellcome supermarket at the basement floor.
- Planning to visit Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car and see the Tian Tian Buddha? It’s easy to get to this place because it’s within the vicinity of Novotel Tung Chung.
- Same goes for if you want to go to Hong Kong Disneyland. It’s only one stop away if you ride the MTR. Approximately 5 minutes and you’ll arrive at Disneyland! Or, well, at least the separate train that’ll take you to Disneyland. 😀
- Perfect for short stays like if you plan on doing tourist-y things like visiting the sights mentioned above, then this hotel just might be perfect for you.
- It’s quite far to the city, and it’ll take you a while if you want to get to Kowloon, Tsim Sha Tsui, or Causeway Bay.
- Hotel rates might be a bit on the high side, depends on when you’re planning to stay here.
Novotel Citygate is located at Citygate, 51 Man Tung Rd, Tung Chung, Hong Kong.