There are two ibis hotels in Hong Kong. One is located at North Point and the other is located at Central & Sheung Wan. Looking at various reviews, we opted to stay at the latter as though the North Point branch may be cheaper, the ibis in Central and Sheung Wan has rooms with a view overlooking the Victoria Harbour and for an affordable price too and that is what, more or less, sealed the deal for us.
The room we opted for was the Harbour View Room. It’s little, but as there were only two of us, we had more than ample amount of space to move around. Also!! Look at that pretty view. ❤
The bed was also big, although like what most reviews state, it is quite hard. However, I for one did not really find it uncomfortable. Depends on the person, I guess?
The bathroom’s small and compact but it does have everything you need in a bathroom.
As soon as we entered our room we were greeted by this awesome view of the Victoria Harbor. We could see the Macau Ferry Terminal from our room as well and, I think that if you plan on taking the ferry to Macau, then ibis Central & Sheung Wan is definitely a good and affordable hotel to stay the night before doing so as it’s really close to the terminal.
This is the view at around lunch time.
View from our hotel at around 4PM. I simply liked looking out at the ever changing view outside of our hotel window.
This would have to be the time of day (or I suppose, night!) that I enjoyed the most, I mean, look at that view! ❤ So pretty.
When night fully came by, there was also a little ~light show~ that you can watch.
LOCATION & TRANSPORTATION
- The reception is located at the 5th floor of the building. Also, I think some elevators only go up to the 5th floor (reception), but most of them do go up to higher floors.
- It’s located quite close to public transportation like bus stops, trams, and, to a degree, the MTR. I don’t think you’d have a hard time hailing taxi here either. The hotel is also close to the Macau Ferry Terminal so I think with the amount of guests we saw, it’s a favourite stopover by travellers who are planning on taking the ferry. Unlike hotels in Causeway Bay or Wan Chai, there’s really not much ~nightlife~ in this area but it is easy to just hop on the tram and go some place else.
- MTR: Around 10-15 minutes walk from the exit of Sheung Wan station. I don’t really recommend taking the MTR as the walk’s dreadfully long for us lol.
- Tram: The best public transportation available here as the tram stop is, like, literally just outside ibis Sheung Wan & Central’s door!
- Bus: There’s several bus stops nearby but we didn’t really try riding the bus here.
- How to get to ibis Sheung Wan and Central from the airport? Purchase an Airport Express ticket (1-way) and alight in Hong Kong Station. As soon as you get out, there’s free shuttle going to various hotels and ibis Sheung Wan and Central is one of stops of the free shuttle.
- How to get to the airport from ibis Sheung Wan and Central? At ibis Sheung Wan & Central, every 15 minutes, there’s a free shuttle that goes to Hong Kong Station. From there, just do the same thing, purchase an Airport Express ticket and you’re on your way to the airport, very easy!
BONUS: At the ground floor, there’s a Starbucks. ❤